Monday, May 24, 2010

It's a Wrap!

While the first day of summer is technically still a month away, this weekend was Hot! Hot! Hot! and all I can think about (besides that SATC2 opens Friday), is the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend and a crisp, cool, sparkly blue swimming pool!

Despite an injury that kept me out of the gym for about 3 weeks, I've been working pretty hard this year on that never-ending-quest to prepare for bikini season.  Since I still have a ways to go, lately I've been focusing not on the swimsuits, but the cover-ups!! 

While I haven't found any great ones yet, (don't worry I'll let you know when I do), I have noticed some really cute headwear. 

I have always been a huge fan of the huge floppy straw hat...



and still am...majorly...so classic...





lately I've noticed girls sporting cute scarves tied around their hair.  I know this is nothing new or trendy, but coming from someone who typically sports a rolled up bandana...this would be a major improvement!



Doesn't it look so cute and vintage tied up top in a bow??
(Naomi Megan from Rockstar Diaries if you haven't seen her blog - amazing!)




You can even go bigger...



or biggest...
yeah a little huge for me  :o)



Or tie it in the back and let it hang...
this looks very Mod to me..







So pretty!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

~ the Brunette

1 comment:

  1. BIG fan of tying it in the back!!! That is my summer look this year!

    ReplyDelete