Tuesday, May 4, 2010

summer party attire

After last Tuesday's post I couldn't help but become completely consumed with thoughts of outdoor dinners/parties, and of course, those thoughts lead to "what would I wear to these parties" - so here's what I will be wearing this season.

I'm a huge maxi dress fan and am completely obsessed with this BCBG chevron striped number.  It super long so you can still wear your heels!  I would pile on the jewelry with this dress...huge earrings, tons of bangles!


I also wouldn't mind having this DVF dress.  Go here and look at all the amazing details and angles...it's pretty awesome, but also out of my budget. 


I'm also completely on board with the jumpsuit trend...I bought several last year and I love them!
They are everywhere this year and are perfect for a summer party...

The Limited has this style in several cute colors.  I bought a very similar version last year that I can't wait to wear again.  My advice it to definitely belt it (don't use the one it comes with) so there's a little more contrast and interest...


They also offer this precious one shoulder!  I haven't seen it in the store and the shorts look a little long but that's easy to fix:)

Speaking of one shoulder...I did try on this F21 jumpsuit a few days ago and the detailing at the top was great (did not look cheap at all), but I hated the bottom half. 

Until I saw this pic of Naomi Watts in a very similar fit and thought she looked cute?!?




I could go on and on showing cute pics of jumpsuits because every store is carrying some version:)
Even if you aren't convinced or if you think it won't work on you at least try one on!


My other favorite summer outing attire is the dressy short.  I adore cute shorts with high heels! Today, I bought these...


to wear with these...click here for a better look...they are really cute!


And I'm pretty sure these itty-bitty black sequin shorts are the cutest things ever:)



Here's Amanda Seyfried wearing the dress shorts on the red carpet this week...she's such a  little cutie!


And the trend setter/fashion risk taker Rihanna looks SO super cool here...


I know this look is completely different look from the others, but I absolutely adore it!  How cute with a chunky clog or super tall wedge...yes, please!


I love all these looks and think they are all fun, perfect for summer and a nice break from the typical party dress...Though, I do still love a good party dress!
~the blonde

Stay calm fashionistas we didn't forget that last night was the Met's Costume Institute Gala...dresses and our opinions to follow...

(images from BCBG, Shopbop, The Limited(2), Forever 21, Red Carpet Fashion Awards, Dillards, The Limited, BCBG, Red Carpet Fashion Awards(2), Free People) 

No comments:

Post a Comment