Friday, July 2, 2010

Feeling Campy

It all started when I was driving down the highway and saw this:


Junk, right?!

But oh, if you knew the dreamer that I am...
I could gut this baby, install new millwork and a cool bed with storage under it...
and magically it would transform into this..







and I would take it camping on weekends like this one...
whether to a beach..


Or just a field...



Airstreams are the BEST when it comes to camping!

Here in Arkansas, we prefer the do-it-yourself campers. 
JUST KIDDING!!
I have no idea where these are from, but I wouldn't put it past some people around here...the woodwork is actually quite beautiful!






But since I can't afford either, when I go camping this weekend, it will be in a tent.  So for anyone broke like me, here is some tent inspiration as well, to show you can camp with style on a budget!





Love this teepee, makes me think of being in Indian Guides and Princesses with my dad when I was little.  My name was Little Sunshine and I was in the Owasso tribe!

But who needs a tent when you can just hang a mosquito net over a comfy bed??



Well, okay, maybe a little privacy is required...so a canopy bed will do the trick!  haha



And if you're camping, you've got to have a cute picnic area!





And no campsite is complete without a hammock..



I love love love camping, but for those who are more comfortable just staying indoors, you can always set up a tent in your living room...I did this all the time when I was a kid...none this "fancy" though!





Whether you spend this holiday weekend indoors or outdoors - hope everyone has a great weekend!

~ the Brunette


(photos via: myself, Sunset x3, unknown, Sunset, allthemountains x3, thatkindofwoman, tumblr, cherry blossom girl, bradbourne farm, dailydivadish, decorista, unknown, unknown, lil bee, unknown)  WHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment