Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A little orange velvet

I have these chairs.  Technically they are my mom and dad's chairs that I have "borrowed" for the past 5 years. (and counting...)



I know what you're thinking - those are orange velvet chairs!  But they are the most comfortable chairs you could ever sit in (and have matching ottomans to drag out for a movie or something) - and I LOVE them.  I have loved them for as long as I can remember because they are older than I am.  :o)  I remember drawing patterns in the velvet when I was younger.

So imagine my excitement, when suddenly I keep seeing orange velvet chairs popping up all over the place in magazines!  My chairs are trendy!


This is Tory Burch's apartment!  TORY BURCH!



A couple slightly different styles...





I did take notice that all these pics have something in common - they all have a matching pillow in each chair.  I think it really adds interest and symmetry.  So I found a couple at TJ Maxx to add to my set and am really happy with the way it turned out!  I'm hoping to find a small round table to set between the chairs, but for now, I'm making it work (I think) with this ottoman.


So what do you think - tacky or trendy?
Don't worry you won't hurt my feelings - they were free!  ;o)

~ the Brunette

6 comments:

  1. If everyone votes "tacky", do I get them back? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of the pillows. May I make a suggestion ? Paint the brick on the fireplace and the shelving around it - I did this in my den and it is an amazing transformation. It would take your room to a new level. JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the orange chairs!!! They are fabulous! So glad to have stumbled upon your blog - am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JP - I agree 100% and really want to do that - and I've been dying to paint my wooden ceiling in there as well - but - it took my lazy butt over a year to paint my kitchen cabinets - still don't have all the hardware on there - so I'm waiting until I'm REALLY ready to commit to it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. These chairs are the most comfortable chairs you could ever sit in and have the added bonus of matching ottomans to go with them. You just sink down into them. Very comfy and cozy from my experience with them for a period of time.

    The 4th picture down looks similar to them, but they definitely look the most comfy of the pics shown.

    I vote Trendy. Love the new matching pillow and I think the ottoman ties the artwork over fireplace in.

    I think the original owner might be a tiny bit jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete