Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Little Red...Bull


For those who may not have heard of the "Running of the Bulls" before, this is an annual event in Pamplona, Spain, lasting from July 7th through 14th, where 6 bulls are released daily, and daredevils run down the street from these bulls.  I wonder why it's not called "Running FROM the Bulls"??  Unlike bullfighting, where trained professionals kill the bulls, anyone, even small children, can run with the bulls to show their bravery.





Also unlike the matadors, who wear flashy suits with gold, mirrors, fringe and carry large red capes...
teehee, he makes me giggle in those hot pink tights...among other things



The running participants typically wear all-white, with a simple, small red scarf...


I don't know what it is with bulls hating red so much, but personally, I find this subtle splash of red very eye-catching - in a good way!

Whether indoors...







Or outdoors...


I can't deny I'm dying for a fur-covered hammock now...


This rug looks a bit like a crime scene to me...
but the red definitely caught my eye



But it reminds me...
I have wanted one of these headdresses since I first spotted one YEARS ago in Domino!





If anyone ever goes to Africa please please please bring me one back!

Love it or hate it, there's no denying a little red can really spice things up!



Don't you agree?

~ the Brunette

2 comments:

  1. I love the color red when I see it other places but i NEVER buy red for my own house. I have no idea why. I should try it. (My colors are greens and blues usually.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feliz Fiesta de San Fermin! Viva rojo!

    ReplyDelete