Thursday, September 30, 2010

{Overly Obsessed}: Otomi

Somehow I've let 3 weeks slip by without mentioning (once again) how much I love animals!!
*gasp*

Several months ago, I spotted a beautiful embroidered cloth on Man Shops Globe while Anthropologie's master-shopper  Keith Johnson (he would probably be offended by that title but I don't know what his title is) was visiting Mexico. 


This vivid textile is hand-embroidered by the Otomi tribe in the state of Hidalgo, Mexico.  Each piece can take months to complete.

The embroidery comes in so many vivid colors!


This textile can be used as a tablecloth...

To cover outdoor seating...


Or indoor seating...


For just a small splash of color, a pillow is really beautiful as well...


But I'm definitely not shy when it comes to color so I adore the upholstered red headboard...


A throw across the foot of the bed is classic and a little less of a "commitment"...


The print also comes in a multi-color which is super cute in a kid's bedroom...




The embroidery is so beautiful, it even looks great framed!


But with this fabric, I say go big or go home! 


What do you think?
Favorite color?

I normally don't go for pink but I adore the hot pink!

~ the brunette


(images: elementsofstyleblog, creamylife, creamy life, m-a-belle, absolutelybeautifulthings, elementsofstyleblog, weloveindie, houseofturquoise, creamylife, elementsofstyleblog, creamylife x2)

4 comments:

  1. Of course my favorite would be the multi-colored print in the children's room. My second pick would be the teal-colored throw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Brunette's SisterSeptember 30, 2010 at 2:43 PM

    I like the teal-colored throw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the multi coloured one, but the red headboard is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete