Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I'm ready...are you?


Growing up, a friend's dad would keep our sealed "resolutions" tucked in his Bible, and pull them out January 1st so we could read what we had written a year earlier.

It was always fun to see what silliness we had written, and broken, the year before!

I'm proud to say I kept my resolution last year!!
My secret is keeping it vague: something do-able, instead of setting yourself up for failure.


My resolution for 2011 is this:
I want to make a conscious effort to not waste so much food.
I hate grocery shopping and buy things that I don't need when I go, and then throw them away.
This year, my means to this goal are as follows:
Don't buy things if I don't know what I'm using them for.
Shop the perimeter as much as possible.
Quit buying "snacks" just to buy "snacks".

A second resolution is to be a better "picker-upper" around the house. 
 I've started working on this habit a couple months ago but want to keep this up and get better.
Oh and I also eat black-eyed peas for luck on New Years Day.  :o)


But cupcakes are nice too...


What about you?
Did you make resolutions??


~ the brunette

3 comments:

  1. Happy New YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year - love the idea of hiding your resolutions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. quite a few pics in this post made me laugh...emmy is such a little peanut! :)

    ReplyDelete